Not yet an Enviromon customer? Be sure to view our Pre-Sales Frequently Asked Questions for more generalized questions regarding the products and its operating system that are commonly heard by our sales team during the decision making process.
- Why am I unable to set the IP to the device using IPSet utility provided in the help CD?
- What is the default IP of the device?
- If the IPSet fails, is there any other method of assigning the IP Address?
- Can I use the default IP of the device to access the web interface and later assign the desired IP?
- I am able to ping the device IP, but I am not getting the web interface when I enter the IP in the browser?
- Where can I find the MAC address of the device?
- Where can I find the MIB file for the device?
- I cannot set the device to send mails.
- I cannot login to the device.
- I'm not able to change the settings in the device.
- How can I recover a lost password?
- I have assigned the gateway IP, and when I say Save, it reverts back to the default IP?
- Do Enviromon products have a warranty?
- The power to the Base Unit may be lost. Check the red LED. It should be steadily lit.
- The device is not hooked up properly with the LAN/network/Patch cable. Check the green LED. It should be steadily lit.
- The PC used to configure the Base Unit is on a different subnet than the device. Note: IPSet.exe will not work across routers. It will work across switches and hubs.
- Try to connect a crossover cable from a computer directly to the Base Unit. This is the recommended method to set up the Base Unit.
The default IP assigned at the factory is: 192.168.0.100
Yes! The following step will help setting up the IP address.
- Find out the IP address of your network adapter by entering the command "ipconfig" at the command prompt. In Windows 2000 and XP the command prompt can be accessed by clicking on Start -> Run -> and then typing in 'cmd' into the dialog box.
- Add the IP address of the sensorProbe to the routing table by enteringroute add 192.168.0.100 x.x.x.xwhere x.x.x.x is the IP address of the network adapter
- Add ARP table by enteringarp -s 192.168.0.100 xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xxwhere xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx is the MAC address of your sensorProbe.
- Ping 192.168.0.100 with a buffer size as 89 bytes.ping -l 89 192.168.0.100If the browser and access the ping works then open up your web interface of the device by typing the IP 192.168.0.100.
Yes, you can access the web interface by entering the IP 192.168.0.100 in your browser.
I am able to ping the device IP, but I am not getting the web interface when I enter the IP in the browser?
- The proxy settings of the browser may be preventing the access to the device. Please disable the proxy settings to access the web interface.
- You have updated the micro code of the firmware, but you have not updated the html code update. Html code updates has to be done, after the micro code update is done.
The MAC address of the devices can be found in various locations, including:
- The MAC address of the device can be found on the bottom cover of the device
- On the web interface under Network page
- When using IPSet in Automaticcally Get MAC mode
The MIB file for the device can be found in the help CD, under the directory: akcp_utilitiesmib. You are also able to access the MIB file on our Firmware & Downloads page.
There are a variety of reasons why you may not be able to send emails with your device.
- The SMTP server is entered is wrong.
- The send mail option is not enabled in the Mail settings page.
- The timeout period entered is too low.
- The gateway IP is not entered in the network page
- The mail from address is not set
- The mail server is not responding
- The mail from address is not validated in the mail server
- The mail server settings prohibit it from accepting connections form the device IP
- The firewall in the network is preventing the SMTP traffic.
Please ensure that the password that you are entering is correct and that it has not been changed by another user.
You have logged into the device as a user. Only an administrator can make changes to the settings.
You need to contact Enviromon's Customer Support with the MAC address of your SensorHawk or SecurityHawk product.
This happens when the device is not able to find the IP entered. When the IP is entered, the device searches for the IP, if it finds, it will accept the IP entered, or else, it will revert back to the default IP.
Yes! A one year global limited warranty is offered on all Sensorhawk and SecurityHawk products. An additional one year warranty, if one is desired, is available at an extra 15% of the list price.