The power meter goes between the electrical source and the power strip, or individual appliance, monitoring the voltage (V), current (A) and Kilowat Hours (kWh) being consumed with billable grade accuracy. Remotely switch devices on and off with optional relay. Relays are Bi-Stable Latched relay, which retains it’s state regardless of whether it is receiving power or not.
Inline Power Meter is essential for:
- Checking how close you are to tripping your circuit breaker
- Ensure sufficient power overhead before adding new equipment to a circuit
- Billing individual clients in co-located services
- Monitoring up to 16 In-Line Power Meters from a single sensorProbe+
Removing the controller from your power strip allows you to use a low cost basic power strip. This gives several advantages, in addition to the cost savings.
- A single IP address to monitor multiple cabinets.
- Hot swappable controller, no downtime to cabinets if servicing is needed
- More space for outlets on your power strip as the controller is moved out of the 0U space
- As future needs increase, just change the power strip no need for new controller and power meter.